| entries | about | archives | series | graphics | site |
Ciel's amazing table-cloth-pulling skills ..
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 happyy-stopp written by acexhearts


happyy-stopp A Kuroshitsuji Review : Episode 1







The beginning of episode one started out rather, erm strangely. One of my questions might've been why was there a boy wearing nothing but a blanket floating in the middle of nowhere? The blanket was probably somewhere on the short side as well. The pairing was probably what had caught my attention the most, Ciel and the butler Sebastian. A cute twelve year old boy being served by a butler twice his height, was definitely a little suggestive ;) *coughBLcough*.


I enjoyed the Victorian era theme in the anime, like Ciel and Sebastian's suits and the decorations. The maid and co was pretty hilarious throughout the episode, it was funny how they couldn't manage to do anything right ( the burnt meat, the garden, broken dishes). I loved it when the maid tried to poor wine with her broken glasses and Sebastian whispering something into her ear, so cute! The trio always ended up getting scolded by Sebastian, so they were probably my favorite characters! There was also the guy who kept on sipping on tea (sorry, I forgot his name), he had "ho-ho-ho" laugh which was funny and strange.





Sebastian's personality caught me by surprise a little bit, be seemed like a 'reserved' man who only did what his master would tell him. Yet, Sebastian was pretty much the one running things, with a perfectionist personality. Also, I love his superb table-cloth-pulling-with-everything-still-in-place skill.

At first, when Ciel was playing that board game with the Mr.Damian, I thought he was just a spoiled brat. Although later I found out that Mr.Damian was just a bad guy who sold the factory. Even so, my opinion of Ciel really didn't change, he lacked something to make him interesting, he seems like another kid who's parents died but left him this magnificent mansion and now he trusts nobody.

To be honest, the series seemed like Godchild, the pairings at least, and also the victorian era and crime solving. That was pretty much why I started this series in the first place, and after watching the first episode, it seemed like a decent anime.

NOTE: er, after reading this I sound extremely picky and pessimistic and I apologize for that. Please don't be offended by anything I say, I mean it's a good anime, I'm just picky out the bad parts~

Labels:



5:34 PM | back to top
| 0 comments

Chatbox


Rewind






Blogroll

blog
blog
blog
blog
blog
blog
blog

Counter




Anime Blog Directory